lwip-users

[lwip-users] memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCPIP_MSG_INPKT

From: Reaster
Subject: [lwip-users] memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCPIP_MSG_INPKT
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 04:12:56 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone,
I have got a problem with lwIP memp allocation. First my HW/SW
configuration:
CC1312R (ARM Cortex M4F) - TI Launchpad Board,
lwIP 2.0.3 in operation system mode (TI-RTOS),
ENC28J60 MAC+PHY.

Generally stack is working, I'm able to ping my board with success, board is
getting IP adress from DHCP succesfully, now I want to move forward but
first I want to resolve some stability problems.
I can't afford one problem which I described also in the topic: out of
memory in pool TCPIP_MSG_INPKT.

I've printed stats for this pool just after assertion:
MEM TCPIP_MSG_INPKT
        avail: 10
        used: 1
        max: 2
        err: 1

And after few minutes of working:
MEM TCPIP_MSG_INPKT
        avail: 10
        used: 1
        max: 2
        err: 60

I tried to set number of MEMP_NUM_TCPIP_MSG_INPKT to 500 but that didn't
change anything.

MEM TCPIP_MSG_INPKT
        avail: 500
        used: 1
        max: 1
        err: 1

I went through memp_init pool by pool and everything seemed to be ok.
Generally the problem exists before do_memp_malloc_pool_fn (where the
assertion raises), I can observe problem in memp_malloc_fn,
memp_pools[type]->tab is NULL there.

Did you see similiar problem? I appreciate for any help.

Regards,
Paweł