lwip-users

[lwip-users] Porting 2.1.2 to Atmel Studio 7... dirent.h?

From: Stephen Cowell
Subject: [lwip-users] Porting 2.1.2 to Atmel Studio 7... dirent.h?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 17:27:58 -0600

I'm attempting to update the SAM4E example project THIRDPARTY_LWIP_BASIC_HTTP_EXAMPLE1 from 1.4.1 to 2.1.2.  The dev system is Atmel Studio 7 using ARM/GNU Common toolchain.  I have NO_SYS = 1.... this is the bare-metal implementation.

I've partway through the directory problems... it seems that the directory structure has changed, but the files I have have not been updated.  Is this normal?  Does everyone have to go through and edit the header file includes to reflect the new structure?  I can't see why this is not fixed in the release.

Now I'm getting #error "<dirent.h> not supported".  Does this mean that I'll have to go to a different toolchain?  Do I have to have tinydir for the stack to work?  My eventual target (we've been selling our product with lwip 1.4.1 for years) has FatFS already, I'd rather not do the filesystem over as well.  Also getting "#error makefsdata not supported on this platform"... how do I carve up lwIP?  I've already deleted the 'api' folder, referring to this link:

https://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_0_x/group__lwip__opts__nosys.html

This link was a great help, but I'm not sure if these guys are running bare-metal or not...

https://community.atmel.com/forum/upgrading-lwip-141-200-pbuf-issue

Perhaps someone could throw me a bone?  Do I need an RTOS to move forward?  Do I need a different toolchain?
__
Steve
.
--