lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] altcp_tls_mbedtls

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] altcp_tls_mbedtls
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 20:19:50 +0100

Am 22.02.2019 um 10:24 schrieb Giuseppe Modugno:
Il 22/02/2019 09:43, Simon Goldschmidt ha scritto:

[snip]

Is this warning correct? I think TCP_WND should be compared with
MBEDTLS_SSL_IN_CONTENT_LEN or MBEDTLS_SSL_OUT_CONTENT_LEN or the maximum
of them (of course, I hope to compare it with OUT buffer only, because
it is smaller).
I think you're right: this should compare to the IN buffer. No that it
would help you here... :-)

I'm not an expert here, so my question could be very stupid. TCP_WND is
the TCP window that is used to avoid continuous ack for small data. The
transmitter sends data filling the window and then waits for the ack.

TCP_WND is what we announce to the remote host to be able to buffer for RX.

For TX, what we buffer is the minimum of what the remote host tells us to be able to buffer and the memory we have/allow (both available heap memory and the limitation defines SND_BUF and SND_QUEUE_LEN).

Regards,
Simon