lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?

From: Carl Reimann
Subject: LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 14:40:05 +0000 (GMT)

Perhaps we should make it a netiquette issue. Nearly everybody feels
strongly that mailing lists should not be spammed. People generally
feel that messages should be quoted only as necessary.  There are many
things like that which resonate, and comprise a culture that the email
world can count on to preserve itself.  My little webfriend though had
this to say about compatibility:

        "I will return to including a listing of direct hyper-links on
my pages, but you folks using Lynx have got to understand that there
is a very, very large group of authors out there that don't give a
damn if you can't view their pages."

What do you think of that? A private look into what really goes on
in their minds? I think this is a netiquette issue. We don't accept
the position that "you people on mailing lists have just got to
understand that there are advertisers who don't give a damn about
your lists and your netiquette".

Carl

;
;