lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV browser.org

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV browser.org
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 05:59:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Klaus Weide wrote:
> Now, on Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Walter Skorski wrote:
> > Jim Spath writes:
[ mucho deleto ]
> > > If we can agree to stick with lynx-n.browser.org as our base, I'd like to
> > > see version specific web pages that we can have the older sites point to.
> > > The UKans page could redirected to lynx-237.browser.org/help.html, where a
> > > page of helpful hints could be placed, as well as the obligatory "upgrade
> > > to lynx-newer-than-you-have". Subir's pages could be redirected there as
> > > well so all the latest releases have working help pointers next year.
> > I see no reason why such can't be done as part of the file structure
> > rather than as a subdomain, e.g. lynx-dev.org/2-3-7/help.html.
> Agreed, that seems to make more sense.  (Until the time "we" get so big
> and successful that we just *need* several machines to host the traffic...)

On the lynx-n.b.o, I was thinking of the "virtual" hosts that are possible
with a web server such as wn (http://hopf.math.nwu.edu).  It would all be
on one machine.  Better vanity URLS.  But l.b.o/237/ works for me as well.

> Anyway, I think we should thank Rob (and whoever tried but came in late :-) )
> and start using the name.  I don't see any big issues preventing that.

Thanks Rob, and Fote, and Klaus, and Walter, et al!
----
At this time of the morning, I'm not working for anyone.

;
;