lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:10:30 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Drazen Kacar) wrote:
>Foteos Macrides wrote:
>[...]
>>      I don't know anything about Amaya.  Has anyone tried it and
>> assessed whether it supports the real HTML 3.0 markup that Arena
>
>It's available for Solaris and Linux and I have both. It's painfully slow
>with graphics, worse than Arena, although it's been a long time since
>I've used it. It may be that Amaya is just as slow :) but it looks
>much, much better than Arena. Kind of cute and professional at the same
>time.

        Does it support the HTML 3.0 markup that was dropped from the
W3C's so-called 3.2 simply because Netscape and MicroSoft didn't support
it, e.g., TAB, FIG, BANNER, PLAIN for UL, CONTINUE for OL?

        The W3C discussion list for Amaya is "paying members only" so
one can't ever read about it's development, never mind see the source
or help with it's development!

                                Fote