[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005
Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005
Fri, 25 Oct 96 21:57:00 +0800
Rob Partington - Admin <address@hidden> wrote:
> R(> Hopefully I can integrate the multi-bookmarks patch today.
> How 'bout the patch which shows the page while it's being downloaded ?
R(> I don't know how likely that is to make it in to my "final" Lynx-rp of
R(> the week - I haven't had a chance to look at it properly yet. Seems
R(> like a good idea, but the main reason people want rendering while
R(> downloading is to be able to click on links near the top of the page
R(> before you fetch all of the page...
Well, my reason would actually be to see if a page is worth viewing or
not... if not, 'z'ap it is :) I'm just curious if it would interfere with
your colour patches, I'm not sure how Lynx & the abovementioned patch
> Since you're gonna try Fil's multibookmarks patch, can you also have a look
> at why the his patch doesn't use the "standard" screen output routines ?
R(> Erm, yes. :-)
Great, thanks. :)
> output text to screen (for example the prompts asking the user which
> subbookmark to load/add), it comes out in white on black. Same thing
> applies when using your RP-color patch... nothing major, just a cosmetic
> bug. :^)
R(> Ok, I'll have a play and see if I can fix this.
> > Was it affected because of your patch ? Could you then update _your_
> > patch ? Easier for others :)
> R(> afaict it's a problem of the later versions of slang. The version I
> Nope, since if I use the same slang version (0.99-34) with your RP-color
> but *without* Hiram's LYCurses.h update, all works fine...
R(> Ah, but only my patch uses the getyx() macro, that's what the problemis.
Hmmm... I diffed Hiram's LYCurses.h and the standard 2-6 LYCurses.h, didn't
look very different so I just omitted the whole darn file ;)
> Great ! Hopefully according to what Foteos has said about it... :)
R(> Which was? (You'll have to excuse me, I'm trying to wade through
R(> about 60 lynx-dev messages while doing tech support, fixing a
R(> recalcitrant PC, teaching our new tech support person, writing
Sorry. :) Foteos mentioned something about where the proper locations for
the slang defs should go... some time back John Davis mentioned this too,
there was a patch on Subir's page and I guess it must've been included into
Hiram's one (didn't read the CHANGES file, lazy me :-)
R(> documentation and figuring out whether I should quit over my promised
R(> payrise not appearing in full).
If you quit Netlink, will you still be "best friends" with the Netlink
sysadmin ? (re: browser.org :)
John Lim Eng Hooi [CoSysOp, Cyber City BBS +603-7587400] * Lynx rules !
Email address@hidden Web [http://www.cyberhq.net.my/johnlim]
[ New Borg Movie: Raiders of the Lost Borg. ]
; To UNSUBSCRIBE: Send a mail message to address@hidden
; with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
; quotation marks) on a line by itself.
Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005, Foteos Macrides, 1996/10/23
- Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005, (continued)
- Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005, JOHNLIM, 1996/10/24
- Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005, Rob Partington - Admin, 1996/10/24
- LYNX-DEV One more comment about patches.., Julian Rodriguez, 1996/10/24
- Re: LYNX-DEV One more comment about patches.., Klaus Weide, 1996/10/24
- Re: LYNX-DEV One more comment about patches.., Julian Rodriguez, 1996/10/24
- Re: LYNX-DEV One more comment about patches.., Rob Partington - Admin, 1996/10/25
- Re: LYNX-DEV One more comment about patches.., JOHNLIM, 1996/10/25
- Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005, JOHNLIM, 1996/10/25
- Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005, Rob Partington - Admin, 1996/10/25
- Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005,
- Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005, Al Gilman, 1996/10/24