lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV WRAPPING

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV WRAPPING
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:23:52 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Phillip Helbig) wrote:
>Another question: A text which is 80 characters wide and looks OK on a
>terminal (or terminal emulation) with this width with something other
>than LYNX annoyingly is wrapped at 79 characters when viewed with LYNX,
>so that there is often a line of length 1 character.  Is there anyway I
>can change this in one of the configuration files?

        No.  Lynx reserves the right-most column of the screen for
positioning the cursor without risk of invoking an unintended newline
under any circumstances.

        In general, you are unwise to use lines longer than 78 characters
in documents intended for utilities that output to character cell terminals
with typically 80x24 screens, or you will be at chronic risk of annoyance.
:) :)

                                Fote