lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx on an alpha

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx on an alpha
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:51:17 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden wrote:
>Could you help me with a couple of questions concerning
>lynx and an alpha server.
>
>1. does lynx run on it & do i need to license it with you?

        Lynx is distributed under the GNU General Public License
(i.e., freeware).  The copyright statement and GPL are included
in the distribution.  You can read them by going to the "Lynx
Enhanced Pages" via:  http://lynx.browser.org/

>2. is there a precompiled version for the alpha?

        There are linux binaries for the development code
set (use same entry page for links to those), but none
for the "production" code set (v2.6).

>3. which file would i ftp from ftp.cc.ukans.edu for
> a) a full install
> b) a precompiled version for the alpha

        If your alpha is running OSF, you can try the development
code set.  Otherwise, you want the v2.6 release plus the Composite
updating file set, both accessible via links to a site near you
in the "Lynx Enhanced Pages".

                                Fote