lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV XLynx

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV XLynx
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:27:35 -0500

What do you have in mind for X Lynx?

For instance, on the patch page is a patch that allows one in an rxvt
or color xterm window to select links via the mouse.  With either of the
color schemes available via patches one can produce color that is used
by rxvt or color xterm.  With an appropriately set mailcap, images can
be displayed, videos played and sounds played.

With an appropriately large ROWS setting, lynx would output entire pages
and then one could use the xterm/rxvt scrollbar to move around.

The only thing I long for is all of the above to be bundled into the
default distribution, controlled via a compile string so as not to
penalize those who do not want it, just as the slang color support is
handled.

;