lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV patch to make "=" page "live" (revised "patch 11")

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV patch to make "=" page "live" (revised "patch 11")
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 21:43:28 -0600 (CST)

You (Foteos Macrides) wrote:
[zap]
>       I hope Rob doesn't.  A great many considerations must be
> taken into account when a user reactivates or refreshes a previous
> link, either by way of the left-arrow. RELOAD or RESUBMIT commands,
> for via an ACTIVATE in the history list.  Even if you got the
> LYShowInfo.c code fully debugged and SGML compliant, using that
> instead of the history list is misguided, adds needless overhead,
> and another layer of complications for regulating cache, now or
> in conjunction with any future enhancements.
[zap]

Greetings. Sorry for taking this out of context. I was wondering:
since you did not object so strongly to my multi-bookmarks patch,
does that mean that there is even a small sliver of a chance that
it will make it into official release? I've used the current version
for a few weeks now and it appears to work well. Some people,
sys-admins included, complain that if it's not "official" they don't
want to apply it... so it would greatly help if it was, indeed,
official. Besides, as long as the user is "Novice" it works just
like it does now - even "Advanced" has that option... just has
some room for expansion.

Pretty please? [seriously]

Take care.
;