lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Various rants

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: LYNX-DEV Various rants
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 19:19:03 +0100 (MET)

Just a few things that crossed my mind...

Subir, it would be nice to include link to CHANGES file for composite patch,
       since it's growing.

Rob, are you sure that ncurses (or slang) are absolutely needed for your code?
     I live on Solaris 2.5 mostly and only one host has ncurses installed.
     Ncurses man page lists supported and unsupported curses functions in the
     package and I think that all of them exist in native Solaris libraries.
     I didn't try to compile ncurses target with native curses library because
     I have very little free time these days, but 'man curses' says:

         The curses package allows:  overall screen, window  and  pad
         manipulation;  output  to windows and pads; reading terminal
         input; control over terminal and  curses  input  and  output
         options; environment query routines; color manipulation; use
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
         of soft label keys; terminfo access; and access to low-level
         curses routines.

     It should work.

Foteos, how about dumping TAB tag? Tables will have to be implemented one of
        these days and TAB makes it very hard to calculate cell width. I can't
        think of two pass algorithm with TAB, but perhaps someone can?
        ALIGN=CHAR (and CHAROFF) is hard enough, combined with TAB is... er...
        a nightmare? :)

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

address@hidden