lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Various rants

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Various rants
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 02:41:20 -0800

Rob Partington wrote:

> Drazen Kacar wrote:

> >          The curses package allows:  overall screen, window  and  pad
> [snip]
> >          options; environment query routines; color manipulation; use
> >                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >          of soft label keys; terminfo access; and access to low-level
> >          curses routines.
> >
> >      It should work.
>
> How do I get access to the colour facilities?  If you can give me a clear
> description (man pages, code examples), I'll work it into my plain curses
> version (which works fine for setting mono styles on elements) and post a
> patch some time in the next day or two.

Drazen is using Solaris, a System V-derived Unix.  Its curses should be
fairly closely related to SCO OpenServer's.  Which, you'll remember, I
am using with the "ncurses" edition of your color patch, using the
standard curses.  The color interface is close enough to identical that
all I had to do was change one bad assumption (#ifdef _CURSES_H).

Drazen, try compiling the ncurses version.  If it fails: what goes
wrong?  Show the compile errors.

>Bela<
;
;