Re: LYNX-DEV Various rants

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Various rants
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 11:16:31 +0000 (GMT)

Drazen Kacar wrote:
> Rob, are you sure that ncurses (or slang) are absolutely needed for your code?

They're not - my styles patch can incorporate any screen management `technique'
so long as the appropriate functions are written (assuming they're compatible
with the rest of the Lynx screen output routines - IMO these need to be
replaced by another layer which doesn't assume that the way to add a string is
going to be called `addstr')

>          The curses package allows:  overall screen, window  and  pad
>          options; environment query routines; color manipulation; use
>          of soft label keys; terminfo access; and access to low-level
>          curses routines.
>      It should work.

How do I get access to the colour facilities?  If you can give me a clear
description (man pages, code examples), I'll work it into my plain curses
version (which works fine for setting mono styles on elements) and post a
patch some time in the next day or two.
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden