lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV On screen styles

From: Rob Partington
Subject: LYNX-DEV On screen styles
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 12:21:34 +0000 (GMT)

Ok, I'm contemplating adding something to Lynx as a quick hack (while
I've got nothing to do just now).  I'm thinking of adding some
functions called ScreenStyleOn and ScreenStyleOff which would be
similar to

 ScreenStyleOn (STYLE_STATUS)

They would work in any of the current screen managing libraries, and
would provide a consistent interface for people who provide
additional patches/functionality and want on-screen colours or
styles.  I'd modify the options page etc. to use them so that people
using ncurses or slang would get a coloured options page, while
people not wanting colour would get a mono-enhanced page.

The `good' thing about this is that you can modify the screen
management libraries, while still keeping the Lynx code the same.

Any thoughts?

--
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden
;