lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV update status

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV update status
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 12:50:16 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> [about the DIRED fixes]
>
>       Klaus' mods look good, except that when the list is created,
> a function for freeing everything is needed, and should be passed
> to an atexit().  Look at any of the other list creations as models.

I did that by adding

  #ifdef DIRED_SUPPORT
      clear_tags();
  #endif

in free_mainloop_variables(), rather than an extra atexit().  The
clear_tags() function from LYLocal.c empties the list and then FREE()s
it.  It doesn't use the same commands, but should be functionally
equivalent to e.g. HTGotoURLs_free().

  There is an unnecessary `if (HTList_isEmpty(tagged))' in my
clear_tags(), but that should always evaluate to TRUE since the preceding
`while(...)' has just emptied the list.

  So everything that's needed for freeing the list at exit should be
already in the patch, unless I have overlooked something.

  Fote you don't seem to mind my addition of a HTUnEscape_some() function
to HTParse.c.  It seemed like a useful function in general, so I put it
there [another case of the Library code becoming Lynxified..], but I don't
know whether it's really needed in any of the places where I call it.
I just couldn't figure out whether whoever put the original HTUnEscape()'s
there had some reason for it that have to do with slash wizardry, so
I was cautious not to change too much.

  Klaus

;
;