lynx-dev

Re: text browsers

From: Matt Young
Subject: Re: text browsers
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:19:12 +1300

> i just checked out your www site, which is otherwise quite good,
> BUT your comments on browsers on page 1 are silly & uncalled for:
> the browser i use -- lynx -- is in no way out of date (latest version 9609)
> & is designed to allow fast & effective access to textual information,
> which is after all 90 % of what people want from the www.

Thank you for your comments, they are most appreciated.

Our pages are designed to be viewed from a graphical browser, and
this version of our site doesn't really cater for people with textual
browsers.  The next version of our site due to be unleashed soon,
will.

Cheers
Matt Young

Matthew James Young, Network Technician/WebMaster
Computer Services, Waikato Polytechnic
Ph:    834-8800 + 8302 extn
Fax:   838-0707
Email: address@hidden