lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: reorganizing the lynx-archive

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: reorganizing the lynx-archive
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 21:25:15 -0500 (EST)

  From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>

  Apologies for the cuts, just to keep the thread:
  > >overstayed any reasonable welcome at Kansas and Kansas has
  >
  > and conscientious support for the hypermail archive, in due time there
  > will be no such archive.  We do not need more discussion of what
  > "somebody should do" about this matter, we need a volunteer who will

  Can someone provide some numbers, in particular, how much disk space are
  we talking about, and what kind of cpu and memory would someone need to
  have adequate http service?  Does the volunteer need to understand the
  workings of all the scripts and applications involved in formating the
  archives?

Well, Henry, your nanoBandWidth to the 'Net is legendary...
[also success rate doing things of which you disclaim all knowledge...]

More seriously, I think Craig will have some numbers for us after he
gets back from his weekend away.  I hope we can address some of these
details on ListElves and not go through everything in plenary session.

Al Gilman

;
;