lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV new entities

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV new entities
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 18:13:00 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Christopher R. Maden wrote:

> In other news, word from the W3C is that Cougar is going to have a
> whole passel of new character entities, including a set available from
  ============
Can you be slightly more specific?  How many?

> the Symbol font.

What is "the Symbol font"?
I assume it has something to do with Microsoft's operating systems,
but I am not sure now that I haven't used Windows in two months...

More specific question, do those entities have Unicode codepoints?

> I'm open to ideas on how to make *that* work...

Display a standard symbol for "unsupported character", thereby giving
the disenfrenchizers-of-terminal-users what they seem to want?

> (Can curses change fonts?!?)

There is something to swith to ALTCHARSET, usually used for line-drawing
characters.  (as in Lynx popup boxes.)  Other than that, ncurses has
no idea about charsets or fonsts AKAIK.

;
;