lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV FIX: debugging that URL...

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV FIX: debugging that URL...
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:18:18 -0500 (EST)

Filip M Gieszczykiewicz <address@hidden> wrote:
>Greetings. See what happens when I try to actually fix something in
>lynx? I fall flat on my face ;-) I understand... just have no clue
>of why lynx does what it does when and how. But you can feel free to
>trust me with your bookmarks.... [smirk]

        No you didn't.  You did something that was inadvisable in my
opinion, I explained why, on the list, and a large number of people
learned another tidbit about Lynx, which should be helpful in future
development efforts on their part.  Also, people have an opportunity
to comment, collectively, on my "judgement call", perhaps to my
benefit.

        I don't know what Unix switch includes just the "right"
amount of debugging information, homologous to what's in a
"standard" VMS image for passing to the TRACEBACK function, but
-g is way too much (makes the image too big for general use on
Unix multiuser systems).

                                Fote