lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx In Ethiopia:- FTP File Name Problem

From: Daniel_Yacob_at_UNECA
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx In Ethiopia:- FTP File Name Problem
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 96 14:16:59 EST

     Greetings,

       I am writing from Ethiopia where we provide web access through Lynx
     to the community here.  We are now running Lynx 2.6 .  A nagging
     problem I can not resolve with lynx configuration is to preserve the
     original name of a file when ftp downloaded through a URL.

     That is if a URL with a name like :

       ftp://ftp.hornet.et/pub/dos/something.exe

     will first be stored in /tmp (linux 2.0) and then the user is prompted
     to download to the local terminal with X, Y, or Z modem.  But
     downloading with Z modem the file transfered from /tmp will have a
     name like "L19073.html" or something similar.

     Is there a way to avoid this, download to the home PC, and maintain
     the original file name??

     Very grateful for any assistance.

       -Daniel Yacob

;