lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Second page first submit button blank bug

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Second page first submit button blank bug
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:40:49 -0500 (EST)

"Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I have a form that includes a variety of submit buttons to
>activate the form with one keystroke. I've just noticed that
>the first button on the second page transmits a blank entry
>from Lynx 2-6, while the rest of the buttons send the right
>stuff.  Is this a Lynx bug?
>
>The form is in beta test at:
>http://www.mde.state.md.us/was/cntyinfo-512x320.html
>
>The submit buttons look like this:

        I just tried it and Lynx is indeed including &main_map=MTGM in
the content, but your script is mishandling it, and returning redirection
to just ...# instead of ...#MTGM

        Note also that your TYPE="image" submit button, by vitue of
having a VALUE="text_browser" will cause Lynx to display text_browser
as the submit button name and include &main_map=text_browser in the
content instead of &main_map.x=0&main_map.y=0 but your script isn't
taking this into account and is returning an error message instead
of a document suitable for a text client.  See the "HTML Forms"
section of the Lynx Users Guide for more discussion of these issues.

                                Fote