lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV SUGG: automatic bookmarks-url-checker

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SUGG: automatic bookmarks-url-checker
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 06:07:47 -0800

My bookmark file is some 450 items long.  Many of the url's
have been changed on me by now -- and I don't know it until
I actually TRY the item.

SUGGESTION: something that simply loops through all my
bookmark-items, and for those whose url's no longer
exist, APPEND "DEAD-URL" or something to the
"comment part" that comes after the url.

Once lynx has done that, then the user can use vi or
whatver to do what he wants with them, eg
   :g/DEAD-URL/d
would get rid of them all.

If anyone else LIKES this idea, please SAY SO -- and
maybe it will actually get done.

Thanks

;
;