lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV re SEEING "/"-search results

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV re SEEING "/"-search results
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 15:33:15 -0800

I've had a problem with this for some time: I do
a /foo search on a page, where say there's lots
of reverse-printed stuff (black-backgrounded characaters),
with the "found" occurrences of "foo" now having been
underlined -- well, I don't know about anyone else,
but I find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to SEE the darn things.

I mean, sometimes I just print it out to a file and then
egrep or vi, etc, just to do my search, then fg back
into lynx to use the info I found out.

I don't know how much room there is out to the right
side of the text on the screen usually (I have plenty),
but maybe some character stuck out into column endCol + 2,
say, would then make it MUCH easier to find those lines
that have the found "foo".

Some character like "|" (user-definable).

Anyone else think something like this would be a help?

;
;