lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Double Downloads -- Silly me.

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV Double Downloads -- Silly me.
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:03:04 -0500 (EST)

A (hopefully) clear answer to a silly question that tripped me up:

To avoid having to download a file such as a GIF twice (once to view it
and once to save it), DO NOT add the file type to your viewers (mailcap).
Instead, go into lynx.cfg and make a DOWNLOADER: line for it.  This allows
you to view and/or save the file plus you also get a chance to cancel in
the beginning rather than having to Zap it if you made a mistake.

I was so focused on mailcap being the helper app config that I had no idea
the downloader could do it as well.

Wayne.

;
;