lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV SSL & Wells Fargo

From: Tom Zerucha
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SSL & Wells Fargo
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 15:45:04 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, the purple sage wrote:

> i thought some of you might find this amusing - or perhaps just depressing.
>
> the wellsfargo.com URL was posted some time back, and i at the time when i
> tried it out, i sent a message primarily about some errors in their code, and
> briefly mentioning the fact that lynx could be used with SSL, in explanation
> of how i accessed their site with an 'unsupported browser'...  (never
> claiming to have an account with them). this response came about 10 minutes
> ago. if it weren't so incoherant, i'd be inclined to think it was a form
> response from a painfully slow script.

I am not sure what they were saying.  Often what "not supported" means is
not that they are trying to stop people from doing things, just that they
aren't going to be able to help you if something goes wrong.

I would Cc: the message, perhaps in hardcopy to someone at wells fargo and
ask them if their math is as good as their english.  I would also mention
any HTML technical errors (if you can't get simple HTML straight, how can
I trust ...).