lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Compiling lynx 2-6 under Linux 2.0.26 (fwd)

From: root
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Compiling lynx 2-6 under Linux 2.0.26 (fwd)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 16:27:36 +0000 ( )

Do you have a /usr/include/ncurses directory?
If you don't have the above directory but you do
have a ncurses.h file somewhere, you could create
the above directory and put a copy of ncurses.h there
although you'll probably need more than the ncurses.h
file, if you had the above directory there would be
a few other files there also.

Do you have a ncurses.h file anywhere?
Do you have a curses.h file? in /usr/include.
If you want to do a make lynx-ncurses you need to have libncurses.so.?
and the include file 'ncurses.h' for it somewhere, either in
/usr/include/ncurses or /usr/include.
If lynx is looking for curses.h but all you have is ncurses.h
make a link to it 'ln -s ncurses.h curses.h'
If you just have a curses.h file it won't work, you need a ncurses.h
file.

Just change that line in LYCurses.h line 37 to <ncurses.h> if
you have it in /usr/include.

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, Dan Srebnick wrote:

> I posted this yesterday, but forgot to include the complete error:
>
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/lynx2-6/src'
> > Compiling Lynx sources
> > gcc -O -DUNIX -DLINUX -DNCURSES  -DFANCY_CURSES -DNO_KEYPAD -DNO_TTYTYPE
> > -I/usr/include/ncurses -I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DDIRED_SUPPORT
> > -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT   -I..
> >   -c LYClean.c -o LYClean.o
> > In file included from LYClean.c:3:
> > LYCurses.h:37: ncurses/curses.h: No such file or directory
> > make[1]: *** [LYClean.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/lynx2-6/src'
> > make: *** [linux-ncurses] Error 2
> >

> OS: Linux 2.0.26 ELF, ncurses-1.9.9e
>
> This occured on a make linux-ncurses.
>
> Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan
>
> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;