lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 07:54:26 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Rob Partington wrote:

> > Duncan Hill <address@hidden>
> > Offer to provide space for the binary distribution effort.

Can also house some source..

> Rob Partington <address@hidden>
> Urm, lots of space...  ;-)  My personal machine has about 150M free space
> currently, our webserver has about 3G free, and I can get more space if I
> need it...  That's what lynx.browser.org was for...  ;-)

Hehe..but, advantage of having _several_ sites is that if one goes down,
there are others that people can try.  It also gives people several speed
choices :>  Pulling stuff from the UK takes forever (.5k per sec on a good
day), but I can get 2.2K per sec out of sunsite on a good day.  I've seen
faster rates out of the UK, but the average is about 300 bytes per sec.

> Lynx Initiative for BInary Distribution and Openness?

LIBIDO..hehe..

Duncan Hill