lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Printing problems.

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Printing problems.
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 01:41:05 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Igor wrote:

> Can someone help me out with a small problem I am having?
> When ever I go to print a message to the printer, I get
> an error that says 'unknown command, LPR'. I have setup
> my printer in the lynx.cfg file as an Epson with the print
> command PRINT. I looked all through the Lynx.cfg a number of
> times trying to find what is sending this command and there
> is nothing in there with an LPR command.
> I am using Lynx26 for OS/2 and I believe LPR is a Unix print
> command isn't it?  Any suggestions?

Yes, 'lpr' (in small letters) is traditionally the print command on
(at least some) Unices.  Maybe the OS/2 port assumes the existence
of a ported lpr command.

> Also I was wondering if the OS/2 version of Lynx was being
> kept up to date with the rest of the Unix based upgrades.
> IS the OS/2 version still being supported and has there been
> any upgrades or improvments for it since it was ported?

I guess you will have to talk to the person who did the port - see

   Linkname: Decker Automation Software Products

(The latest Lynx/2 there gives a HTTP header
   Last-modified: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 03:38:13 GMT.)

I think there isn't much knowledge on this list about the OS/2 port
(but could be proven wrong).

  Klaus

;
;