lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV multibookmarks are great! (but)

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV multibookmarks are great! (but)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 17:41:59 -0500 (EST)

Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
>Filip, your multibookmarks are great!  Thanks Fote and Hiram for doing
>the mods and tweaking, making it secure, etc.
>
>Three general comments,
>   1) Are the `Description:' and `Filepath:' lines really necessary?
>      They seem to just be taking up two valuable lines.  Strangely,
>      those lines disappear and return when a bookmark is e)dited.  I
>      couldn't figure out a consistent pattern, except that removing
>      <title> gets rid of them.  Unfortunately, it would be nice to
>      have the title bar and not `Description'.  Filepath can always
>      be obtained from `='.

        The Description and Filepath are not in the bookmark files.
They're added during rendering, and will change whenever you change
them via the 'o'ptions menu.  There are potentially 26 of them, and
it's helpful to know which one you are looking at when you move among
them.  They're added in HTML.c in conjuction with handling the title
end tag, so they won't get added if your remove the title, but you
shouldn't do that.

>   2) Now with the multibookmarks in place, there's hardly any reason
>      for the command line switch `-book'.  Would removing code involving
>      that switch have any significant effect on reducing the size of lynx?

        I use -book regularly, and suggest that you spend a bit more time
understanding how the multibookmark file support works, and why it's that
way.

                                Fote