lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Followup to Signal 11 with SimTel Search.

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Followup to Signal 11 with SimTel Search.
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 10:25:48 -0500 (EST)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Mon, 9 Dec 1996 address@hidden wrote:
>
>> I just typed in the word find below and enter then lynx exits with a
>> signal 11.
>>
>> I'm useing lynx2-6 + mods 12-8-96.
>>
>> I compiled it this way make linux-ncurses.
>
>Try compiling again, but do a `make clean' before `make linux-ncurses'.

        I'm reasonably confident that's his problem.  His trace shows
that it's chashing on the HTAnchor parsing, and I increased the size
of the anchor structure (added more elements), so all of the .c modules
which use that structure (which is virtually all of the Lynx and
libwww/2.14-FM modules) must be recompiled.

        ALWAYS do a "make clean" before incorportating a Lynx update,
because more often than not, you need to do that.  Perhaps this should
be added to Hiram's Composite instructions, and to the developing FAQs

                                Fote