LYNX-DEV WAIS and Lynx on Linux.

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: LYNX-DEV WAIS and Lynx on Linux.
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 09:54:36 +0400 (GMT-4)

Ok, I've read the Makefile, userdefs.h and the supported URL's section.  I
have the freeWAIS server running.  I compiled Lynx with WAIS support.
Anonymous goto is set, though I don't think I need it.

URL sections says:
   The wais URL is used to retrieve resources using the Wide Area
   Information System protocol. The format is:
   where :port defaults to :210
I'm running the WAIS server up on 33666.
$ lynx wais://localhost:33666/man
Making HTTP connection to on 8001

This strikes me as wrong.  Do I need to enable a proxy for this to work?

Duncan Hill
Student of the Barbados Community College
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - I think that I think therefore I think I am.