lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV VT100 terminals and lpansi

From: Joe Scanlan
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV VT100 terminals and lpansi
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 08:50:06 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Subir Grewal wrote:
>
> > Thought I'd get your ideas on this piece of mail since it came in to the
> > Lynx-learners list after I'd suggested that one could have lynx print to a
> > printer attached to the terminal by using lpansi and defining the
> > appropriate printer in lynx.cfg.  What we need to know is whether this
> > will work for vt100 terminals (and reasonably good emulators) or whether
> > it's a vt102+ thing only.
>
> Well... I can't say for sure on an honest to goodness DEC vt100 terminal,
> since I've only seen one once.  I seem to think that they didn't have a
> printer port, but...  I know the vt102 does support the printing commands.
[SNIP]

From memory.  The VT102 is a VT100 with Advanced Video Options.  AVO gave 132
columns by 24 line support (instead of 132 by 12), both underline and reverse
highliting, and maybe more.  I can't remember if the printer port was an
option on the VT100.  The idea was to sell a terminal that had more options
built in but wasn't expandable.  Anyone remember the VT180?  They should use
the same ANSI codes.

Again, this is from my memory.  Personaly I put more faith in the
documentation Hiram found.

------------- My opinions are mine alone, and that fact -------------
------------- provides intense relief for my coworkers. -------------
Joe Scanlan                                      Clark County, Nevada
Systems Programmer                               Informations Systems
address@hidden (not work)                             PO Box 551761
address@hidden (work)                   Las Vegas, NV  89155-1761
702 455-4932 (FAX)                                                USA

;
;