lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV No links, etc, at www.plextor.com

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV No links, etc, at www.plextor.com
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 11:27:25 -0500

Al Gilman <address@hidden> writes:
> There is no single mode of comment parsing which "shows the most
> possible information."  There are multiple forms of malformed

Such a pity.  It surely would be nice, but I understand difficult, if
lynx could tell that the page was particularly brain damaged and switched
modes automatically.

> In the example quoted above, the commented-out example is the
> _opposite_ of the compilation default, whereas in other places in
> lynx.cfg the commented examples are _equivalent_ to the
> compilation defaults.
>
> Having the commented examples be the compilation defaults is probably
> safer, and makes changing the compilation defaults more work.

I assume that what you are proposing here is that the lynx.cfg and userdefs.h
be set up so that the comments and values set in them reflect the default
values in the source code, so that someone doesn't look at
an entity that is commented out and think that's the value they will be
getting.
;