lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Community Network Internet access

From: Bruce
Subject: LYNX-DEV Community Network Internet access
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:50:28 -0800

The Tri-Cities Free-Net provides Internet access for low income
individuals.  This is currently done using a Galacticomm Worldgroup
Server for dial-up access and we are interconnected with our local public
library which provides text only access to the Internet and WWW.  Our
connection to the library is via telnet.  The provide a Lynx interface
running on VMS (I think).

We want to have our own server that will accomplish the same thing with
better reliability *and* more features (e.g. ability to download files).
 What I percieve we need is another server that our Worldgroup server can
telnet to and then provide a Lynx interface to the Internet and WWW.
What do you recommend?

We also have a WWW site (space provided by a local ISP)
http://www.tcfn.org.

Thanks for the help,

Bruce McComb
Executive Director, RECA Foundation