lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Parse Stack Overflow

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Parse Stack Overflow
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 21:14:41 -0500 (EST)

"Ray T. 803-593-9954 ext. 1210" <address@hidden> wrote:
>While compiling Lynx2_6FM on VAX-VMS I get -
>  "DEFAULT_VIRTUAL_MEMORY_SIZE:",28))
> %CC-F-PARSTKOVRFLW, Parse Stack overflow at line number 985 in LYReadCFG.C
>
>Help on that error says -
>      PARSTKOVRFLW
>         Message       Parse stack overflow.
>         Fatal         The source code in  your  program  was  too  complex,
>                       containing statements nested too deeply.
>         User Action   Simplify the program.
>
>Are there other options?  Can you make the CC parse stack bigger?

        You're two short of getting through the  else if  chain.
Try ending it higher up and starting a second one, i.e, change a:

        } else if (...

to:

        }
        if (...

        Is it VAXC?  If so, try upgrading to DECC.  We got rid of all
our old MicroVAXen which had VAXC, so I can't try it any more, but
my guess that the old memory management functions in VAXC might choke
on the current Lynx code, even if you get it compiled and linked.
But it works great on our AXP 2100 with DECC. :) :) :)

                                Fote