lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV status bar info

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV status bar info
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 22:34:31 -0500 (EST)

I have low vision and use screen magnification hardware/software
to see my pc screen.
One problem I'm having with lynx is that some of the messages
in the status bar appear and disappear so fast I don't have time to read them.
(It takes time to move to the bottom of the screen and scan across.)
I'm sure people using speech software have a similar problem.
Is there a way around this?

I wouldn't mind having to redraw the screen if some status messages scrolled up.
(I don't know how screen refreshing affects speech software.)
For some reason, I have to redraw the screen quite a bit anyway because
the display gets messed up as I move the current link.

Alternatively, could some messages be followed by something like
"hit any key to continue"?

Just a thought for blind / low vision users.
--le
;
;