lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx al

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx al
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 13:02:06 -0500 (EST)

Thanh Ma <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]
>Another subject:
>Using Netscape 3.01, I could go to www2.sco.com and click on 'Test Drive'.
>I can't do the equivalent in lynx. I just wonder what is missing ...

        That link is for a server-side image map.  Netscape will inline
the image, and when you click within it, will send the server the x,y
coordinates, to receive the corresponding document.  Lynx will display
the ALT string as a link, and when you activate it, will send a
"stab in the dark" 0,0 coordinate pair.  The SCO server is set up
to treat that as a request for the default, which is a menu of links
for text clients.   If all worked fine when I tried it, so perhaps
you should review the Lynx online 'h'elp sections on server- and
client-side image maps.

                                Fote