lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV -force_html bug?

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV -force_html bug?
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 12:18:42 -0800

Larry W. Virden, x2487 writes:

> > :r! lynx -force_html -dump http://www.netusa.net/~eli/notes/ssi.shtml

[HTML snipped]

> > -force_html is probably intended for just file:// refernces, but why
> > shouldn't it also work here?
> >
> > (Version 2.6)
>
> Interestingly enough, lynx without the -force_html does the same thing:
> $ lynx http://www.netusa.net/~eli/notes/ssi.shtml

Hmm.  I went to check the source (what the hey), and I got:

text/plain  D)ownload, or C)ancel

So, it looks like the server (or perhaps Lynx?) is misconfigured for
its MIME type on .shtml files, but I agree that Lynx should obey the
"-force_html" switch.

[snip]

> Larry W. Virden                 INET: address@hidden

Jason

--
 address@hidden                    | To err is human; to really
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems    | bugger things up requires

 print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"address@hidden");
         "Whoa! Could you repeat that in plain DOS?" -- Bob
                 PGP key available from keyservers.