lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV problem getting lynx-cgi to work

From: Clint Miller
Subject: LYNX-DEV problem getting lynx-cgi to work
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 14:09:31 -0600

hello,

My name Keith Williamson and here is my problem...

I'm trying to get a copy of lynx2-6 to do the following:

let me define a form where a user chooses from a list of names one or more
recipients to send a mail message to... In order to do this I need the
values of my form fields passed to a shell script (I do not have a perl
compiler to use cgi scripts).  Apparently the only way that lynx passes
the values to the ACTION URL is if it is a lynxcgi URL.

I thought that I had compiled lynx correctly to enable lynxcgi calls but
it doesn't work for me...I have everything defined in userdefs.h when I compile

Anyway, does anybody know how I can send mail to multiple recipients
while building the recipient list from a form?

It would be nice if I could do this with a mailto: URL.

Please respond directly to me as I do not receive the lynx-dev posts
my e-mail address is :   address@hidden

Thanks in advance for all your help and if it is useful I will be
glad to compile a response summary and post it here.

Keith W.
Ouachita Parish School Board
Monroe, LA

;