lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV lynx2-6fm ftp site (was Re: More on my "lynx ~/lynx_bookmarks.h

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx2-6fm ftp site (was Re: More on my "lynx ~/lynx_bookmarks.html")
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 17:46:34 -0700

Hynek Med <address@hidden> writes:

>BTW, is lynx-2.6FM already a "version"? And would it be possible to put
>it somewhere on ftp? It was a horror to download it via http this
>afternoon from here.. Ftp is better, because it can do a "reget" so I
>don't have to start over again and again..

Ask and ye shall receive. I have just created an FTP link for Fote's
lynx2-6fm files on www.slcc.edu. Basically, I moved the real files to an
anonymous ftp location, and made symbolic links to them in the HTTP
location. What that means is that if you go to

  http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/

and see a file you want to download, you can use either the URL

  http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/_filename_

or

  ftp://www.slcc.edu/pub/lynx/fote/_filename_

where _filename_ is replaced by the desired file name. I need to make a
real page to describe this now, but it works. Note: I did something not
quite right in setting up the anonymous ftp and you can ftp to the site
and see any files (the ls command is failing) but they are there. Use the
full ftp path and all should work fine. (Anyone want to help me fix the
ls problem?)

Scott

PS Fote, all should work the same for you to place files in the HTTP
location so let me know if it gives you any trouble.

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,