lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6

From: Audin Malmin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:09:09 -0800

Nelson Henry Eric writes:
> If you go to the `This Lynx' link from the welcome page, and then select the
> `lynx.cfg 中のスタイル:色の例' link (Don't let the Japanese freak you
> out.)
> you can see what I presently have in my lynx.cfg as to `STYLE:ELEMENT:normal:
> lightgray:black' settings.  This is just what I put together, and most
> certainly
> leaves out, or comments out many of the HTML elements supported in Rob's
> present

In case anyone cares, here's a copy of the #STYLE settings that I currently
use:  (at least to my questionable color vision) they give a nice colorful
browsing experience...  :)  I've tried to highlight things which are in some
kind of "strong" tag...and dim things that are in "dimmer" tags...
Images and other things that Lynx doesn't really support also show up in
dimmer colors.  And other things are just given arbitrary colors...to set them
off from the rest of the text...  :)

# Character level style handling
# STYLE:OBJECT:MONO:FORE:BACK
#