LYNX-DEV Experimental table support via proxy

From: Tom Zerucha
Subject: LYNX-DEV Experimental table support via proxy
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 11:11:06 -0500 (EST)

If you have linux, and/or are brave, check out
and get lxtab0.1.tar.gz - it contains my awk script, and a proxy
(including a precompiled version).

Simply do:

export http_proxy="";
./lxtab &

before going to

It is still very alpha, but most of cnnfn and some other test sites work.

WARNING: you should set vertstacking to 1, and maybe the sides or have a
wide screen.  many tables are designed to nest wide.  My text mode is
160x100, so I can display everything so far - but I would strongly
recommend a 132 character wide mode.

You should also have settings to give a tag for each image (the * key) -
the awk script has to guess at the final rendered version.

You can also comment out the line following ASCII boxes if you can handle
the PC8 graphics characters.

finger address@hidden for PGP key