Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:04:36 -0500 (EST)

Al Gilman wrote:

> I would like to see the H)elp files distributed with 2.7 re-formatted a
> little to make them more speech-friendly.

I think that task should be taken by someone directly involved with
speech-friendliness. He/she/them would get the Lynx help files and make them
speech-friendly. Then he/she/them would submit it to Foteos or you or
someone else involved with Lynx to check them for any Lynx- or

>      - 1: make a policy commitment to keep the Lynx H)elp files as
>      speech-friendly as we reasonably can

That "policy commitment" reminds me of another "PC", "politically correct",
and that annoys me very much. Are Lynx help files _really_
speech-unfriendly? I don't remember having seen people here complaining
about that.

>      - 2: use the criteria for a speech-friendly ribbon <URL:
>> as our measure of speech
>      accessibility (and ask them for a review).

Since those people are who would be more interested in the Lynx help files
being speech-friendly (if they are not...) they could take the task and ask
us for a review.

         | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | address@hidden             |
         | Montreal - Quebec - Canada | |