lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Capturing newspost output

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Capturing newspost output
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:48:08 +0900 (JST)

> > > # Note that INN may require an -h switch added to the path.  Also note
> >               ^^^
[...]
> INN in InterNetNews, a popular NNTP server implementation for UNIX.

Maybe confirmation is necessary.  The `-h' switch is passed to _inews_
(not INN per se), and therefore may or may not be applicable if a
person has another news reader/poster specified in userdefs.h or lynx.cfg.
The -h switch is necessary for newer inews's to inject into INN the article
you wish to post.  As far as I know, and as I always say correct me if
I'm wrong, the -h switch is only important for posting; it has no bearing
on reading.  If you do not use the -h switch, you will be pulled into
inews' posting interface, and you'll lose the message you composed within
lynx.  I believe the use of `INN' in lynx.cfg is misleading and recommend
rewording of the above sentence.

__Henry
;
;