lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV BUG? In multiple-bookmark support

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV BUG? In multiple-bookmark support
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 21:36:41 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Morat the Black wrote:

> links.  Also, any links I (a)dd do not appear unless I quit-and-restart lynx,
> or explicitly reload my bookmark page, even when using (v) to access it (I
> assume the latter is because the cage has gone through the "standard" caching
> mechanism.)

I just check my build from the 01/29 edition, and it r)emoves perfectly
well...

> If I can find the time tonight, I'll play around with adding some sort of
> IS_BOOKMARK flag to the code.  Is there any reason not to simply force
> naming of bookmark files to follow a standard (ie. lynx_bookmark[A-Z].html)
> or perhaps make use of a .lynx_bookmarks directory?

I think its called "User Choice".  I have a subdir called lynx in $HOME
and in there I have all my bookmark files that look something like:
     C : Computers etc             | lynx/lynx_comp_book.html
     D : Lynx Dev Stuff            | lynx/lynx_lynxdev_book.html
     E : Education etc             | lynx/lynx_eduni_book.html
     F : FAQ's                     | lynx/lynx_faq_book.html

Duncan Hill