lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV [patch] New version of current URL editing

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV [patch] New version of current URL editing
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:18:59 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden (David Combs)

                                     I thought lynx for was
  connecting to and doing things with OTHER computers.

Not exactly.  The ability to freely mix and move between local
and remote references is one of the things that makes Lynx and
the WWW great.

  Maybe we should change the meaning of "g .."?  Not that going
  up one level in the local directory to look around is not
  useful to some people, but that .. on FOREIGN computer is MORE
  useful.

Maybe that would even be better.  But there you're into a
"better fighting against the good" scenario, and you have
to understand a desire to let sleeping code lie.

And user habits...

It's a debatable tradeoff, and in those cases incumbency weighs
a lot.

--
Al Gilman
;