Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx v2.7 released - February 15, 1997

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx v2.7 released - February 15, 1997
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 20:00:29 -0700

Foteos Macrides <address@hidden> writes:
>address@hidden (Scott McGee (Personal)) wrote:
>>Foteos Macrides <address@hidden> writes:
>>>     Define BOXVERT and BOXHORI to 0 in userdefs.h when you build Lynx
>>>for the solaris2 target (the popups will look much cleaner 8-).
>>I tried defining BOXVERT and BOXHORI to 0 in userdefs.h, but can see no
>>difference. In fact, I thought it looked nice and clean anyway. When I
>>do a popup I see a nice rectangular line around the popup menu. If you
>>want to see the difference, /usr/local/bin/lynx is the 2-7 I did yesterday,
>>and /usr/local/src/misc/lynx/lynx2-7ssl/lynx is compiled with the changes
>>you mentioned. Both look identical to me. (Under both rxvt and telnet)
>       When I 'd'ownloaded it to my account there and unzipped it
>yesterday, I got graphic characters in the corners, but astericks
>instead of graphic characters for the vertical and horizontal lines
>of the popup boxing.  In theory, you need to define those two to 0
>instead of "*" when you compile it for curses.  That's what I'd been
>doing when working on it there to get entirely graphic characters for
>the boxing.  I just tried /usr/local/bin/lynx and it indeed is giving
>all graphic characters, unlike the image I broke out of your zip yesterday
>(and it shouldn't if you didn't set it up to pass NULL arguments to
>the curses box() function).  It doesn't matter for the solaris2-slang
>target because that uses the slang library's boxing function, with
>graphic boxing regardless of the BOXVERT and BOXHORI definitions in

Ah, I know the difference. The /usr/local/bin/lynx version was compiled with
slang. The /usr/local/src/misc/lynx/lynx2-7ssl/lynx was too. Thus they look
the same. The one within was
not, just regular curses. I just recompiled it, and will repackage it now.

If anyone has downloaded the there, you should replace it. It also
now contains lynx.cfg, though not the readme. The other one,
has NOT been changed.

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,