lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Colored Lynx?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Colored Lynx?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 07:32:19 -0500

I believe lynx already has the possibility of having colored links.  However,
it must be compiled with a special library to get this option, and, you must
have a way inside a text window to display colors.  If you have some
way to display color text using the 'ANSI escape sequences', try
lynx -color to see if your site has compiled lynx to use color.  If not,
then a recompilation of lynx is required - I suggest fetching lynx 2.7,
just released this past weekend.  Currently, you must first fetch the slang
library and build and install it.  Then configure lynx to use the slang
library.  I _believe_ at that point, using the text window software and
a lynx -color command you get color links.

I don't know for certain, but I don't believe that changes have ever been
wrapped into lynx as shipped to support color via the curses/ncurses
libraries that support it.  If I am wrong, and probably even if I am not,
I am certain someone will tell you how stupid I am in not knowing this.
;