lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Errors in current character set logic?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV Errors in current character set logic?
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 00:40:09 -0600 (CST)

I am working on bringing my chartrans patches at least up to current 2.7.
In the process I was looking again at the current handling, and found two
things that look suspicious.

1/
Function HTMLSetRawModeDefault() in LYCharSets.c sets the global variable
LYDefaultRawMode.  But I cannot find any place where that variable is
actually used.  Is that supposed to be LYUseDefaultRawMode, or LYRawMode?
I find all those similar variable names quite confusing..

2/
Function LYExpandString in HTCharUtils.c contains the following:
        /*
        **  Substitute Lynx special character for
        **  160 (nbsp) if HTPassHighCtrlRaw is not
        **  set. - FM
        */
        if (((unsigned char)p[i]) == 160 &&
            HTPassHighCtrlRaw) {
            p[i] = HT_NON_BREAK_SPACE;
        /*
        **  Substitute Lynx special character for
        **  173 (shy) if HTPassHighCtrlRaw is not
        **  set. - FM
        */
        } else if (((unsigned char)p[i]) == 173 &&
            HTPassHighCtrlRaw) {
            p[i] = LY_SOFT_HYPHEN;

I think there should be a '!' before both of those occurrences of
HTPassHighCtrlRaw.  (The comments say so.)

   Klaus

;
;